1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Good book recommendations for learning Access 2013 ?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bugsquasher, Oct 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bugsquasher

bugsquasher Thread Starter

I'm an advanced computer user but am new to access databases. My firm has asked me to design & implement a database.

Can someone recommend a solid book for learning MS access? I learn best the old fashioned way, via reading and then working on my pc. It doesn't have to be Access 2013.

I don't need to learn about 'the ribbon', very basic tables or queries but do need to learn the 'tricks' for making intermediate complexity databases (multiple tables). If it touches on VBA for access , also, that would be great! While I'm at, please do suggest a book focused on VBA for access, too, because I'm going to need to get up to speed in VBA for access.

I'm an IT guy, so most books are either way too simple or seem to jump ahead too far.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. OBP

OBP It's My Birthday!

The book choice would depend on whether or not you want to learn about basic Access Database design or about Access 2013.

3. bugsquasher

Database design specific for MS Access would be great. Also, a good book to learn VBA for Access would be really helpful. Most books only have a small chapter on VBA for Access, I've noticed; and I've never even seen VBA yet. So, I will need something from ground zero to at least intermediate VBA for Access. Thanks.

4. OBP

OBP It's My Birthday!

The 3 books that I used are
    Microsoft Access 2000 Bible
    by Cary N Prague and Michael R Irwin
    ISBN 0-7645-3404-1
    Published by IDG Books.

Mastering Access 2000
    by Alan Simpson and Celeste Robinson
    ISBN 0-7821-2326-0
    Published by Sybex.

Beginning Access 2000 VBA
    by Robert Smith & David Sussman
    ISBN 0-7645-4383-0
    Published by Wiley Publishing Inc.

There are obviously later Access versions available.

5. bugsquasher

Last night, I got Microsoft Access 2013 Bible - very good book. With some online sources, I should be able to move forward. Thank you! I sent you a mssg w/my email address. Looking forward to chatting!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1111485

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice