1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Good ccApp or Bad ccApp?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ron the Geek, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ron the Geek

Ron the Geek Thread Starter

I understand that the file ccApp can either be a process needed by Norton or a browsing monitor. If it's in the sub PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED is that the good one or the bad one?

2. cgesicki

cgesicki

thats the good one

3. Ron the Geek

Ron the Geek Thread Starter

4. cgesicki

cgesicki

no problem if it were in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 I would think otherwise

5. jimmiejim

jimmiejim

My ccApp.exe is the good kind but almost every time I shut my PCs down I get an error saying it has failed to close properly. It's not a big deal but is there something I can do about it? I regularly update Norton antivirus but it never seems to deal with the issue.

6. Old Rich

Old Rich

That message is very common with Norton products . . only way to cure it that I know, is to uninstall NOrton

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536584

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice