1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Good Content Management System for Non-Technical clients???

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by mfive, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mfive

mfive Thread Starter

Ok... I'm looking for a good way to give my clients the ability to edit their own webpages.

I would define an "editable" region in the page, and they would have a backend they can log in to to change/edit what they'd like.

I tried snippetMaster (a free php script), but it screws with the CSS on my page and doesn't always load the text right.

I'd prefer something opensource so that I can customize, but then again, I realize that to get something that's tailored to my needs I might need to go with something commercial.

I'd write my own with FCKeditor, but I just don't have the time right now.

Anybody have any experience with anything like this? Thanks a million!

2. Anthony:-P

Anthony:-P

Hi mfive,

Firstly welcome to TSG!

I don't know of your experience with PHP etc, but you could always "make your own". This was is the most customisable and is exactly what you want.

If not, I find Joomla and mambo are easy to use, and they are both open source, and pretty easy to custoimize.

Regards,
    Anthony

3. mfive

mfive Thread Starter

I would consider myself an intermediate PHP "coder". I think I could take something like this on, however the time-frame I'm working with with this particular client won't allow for me to take that kind of project on just yet.

I'm going to look further into Joomla, as I've got a coupe of votes for it already...

4. Susie N

Susie N

How complex is the website? Maybe you could use Wordpress? I've used it as a mini-CMS for a couple of my clients.

Or, here's something I've recently found. Content Seed. I've used it for my least technical client. She really only knows how to email and similar things. With Content Seed, all she has to do is press ctrl + y and she's in. I decided upon which part of the content she can update and added it to the "seed". It works great.

5. mfive

mfive Thread Starter

Susie! ContentSeed appears to be very close to what I'm looking for.

I don't want to sound cheap, but I just hate to pay $100 bucks for something that I feel like I could find for free elsewhere :-/ I wonder if there are any open-source scripts similar to this.

I may just end up shelling out the money in the end, especially because it has unlimited deployment...

6. Susie N

Susie N

Yeah, I hated to shell out the money, too. But, I did it because of the unlimited deployment. And the creator is pretty available to answer any questions.

7. deepdiver01

deepdiver01

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648701

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice