good free hosts?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

paulb100

can anyone recommend any good free hosts? pref without banners but not a must

thanks

I would also recommend x10hosting.com

A couple of the other "top" free web host have max file size limits of around 500 kb, as well as MySQL database size limits.

x10 does not have these limits, they can be any size as long as you don't go over the disk space (300MB). You also get 3 MySQL databases (other host is usually only one), and 10 GB monthly bandwidth. Cpanel, php, all the features you would expect from a paid host. All ad free.

paulb100

yeah x10 sound like the best - i see they let you choose from 4 names... ive chosen PCriot - Would they let you use your paid domain name with a free host account?

what are mySQL databases? are these for building online stores?

MySQL could be used for creating an online store yes.

A MySQL database is an online database, commonly used with PHP. Like all databases it stores data, e.g. Usernames and the likes.

James

Yes, they allow you to use a paid domain name. :)

You need to check their forum for the how-to.

Hey, for free hosting with no ads etc.. try
zymic.com
great website for free hosting.
for e.g websitename.vndv.com
no ads - but vndv.com is in your website name, that's it, no ads, no banners. I host all through zymic.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online