1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Good free program to burn DVD-PAL .mpegs?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by BG-0, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BG-0

BG-0 Thread Starter

Simply put, as the title states, does anyone know a good free program that burns DVD-PAL format .mpegs into video DVDs (those that work in every simple and old DVD-players too). Hope someone has the time to reply, thanks in advance. And sorry if this is a common question or so, I just couldn't find anything with the search terms that crossed my mind :eek:
    Edit: they're MPEG-2, to be exact.

2. BG-0

BG-0 Thread Starter

Let's rephrase so this could be a bit easier to answer: Will Nero 8 Essentials do the job?

3. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Does Essentials have the DVD authoring component, namely Nero Vision? I think you'd need that so yes if present, no if not. I'd just use DVDFlick myself though. It will handle the job easily but there's no gaurantee any DVD will play on an old DVD player because its mostly a function of the strength of the reading laser and older players were often built without the lower reflectivity of home-made DVDs in mind.

4. BG-0

BG-0 Thread Starter

Yah, thanks a lot about the advice, forgot to check this thread... :eek: FWIW, had the job done with Vista's "Windows DVD Maker", for the two files that weren't messed up by the capture device's program... (any film longer than 5 minutes went haywire, was 4 times the size of DVD-PAL (3 MBps I guess?) and couldn't be burned. Now trying to fix those crazy ones by converting them (I can play them, as long as I don't skip or fastforward at all, by doing that the sound and video stalls totally, so I have some hopes of those 25 other films being somewhat usable. If not... Recapturing, yet I don't see any reason for them coming intact that time... :() Problem is, this piece of junk of a work laptop takes 40 mins to convert a 12 min film... I think I'll be converting these til June...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/782083

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice