1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Good gaming graphics card Intel

Discussion in 'Games' started by PrivatePC, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PrivatePC

PrivatePC Thread Starter

I want a good graphics card that runs all games. For about $50 not $100. I have Intel and windows vista. When I play half-life 2 there is low frame rates and i cant fix that. So it laggs. And Joint Operations wont run. Whats a good one?:confused:

2. jbm1991

jbm1991

i cant think of any graphics cards for $50 dollars. well none that would be worth you buying. youd be better off waiting a few months and saving up $100+ dollars and buying a decent card that will actually acheive something.

3. B-Subs-Me

B-Subs-Me

What card do you have? And you're definately gonna need +100$ for crysis/cod4 and some other newer stuff.

4. McTimson

McTimson

Wow, there are actually quite a bit of cards in the sub-$50 range...none that are good gaming cards, of course, but I was surprised.

Anyway, here's a Radeon x1650 for $50. If all you want to do is play HL2, this will do it. As previously said, other games will not run well on it, but it should do fine on HL2. I'm not sure what detail settings you'll be able to run it on, but you can play around with those and see what's playable to you.

Before you buy it, make sure you have a PCI Express x16 slot in your machine. I'm pretty sure you do, but open it up and look anyway. Here's a good picture of the size differences between different slots. If you're not sure what you have, tell us what the slots in your machine look like compared to each other.

5. 0wn4g3

0wn4g3

$50 to $100, running all games? Not going to happen. $250 minumum or nothing. Buy an EVGA 8800GT 512MB. One of the best cards for the price.

Before you do anything, what are your specs? No point in buying a new graphics card if the rest of your PC is crap.

6. XaxisY

XaxisY

ebay.

you could look for a 8500 GT or maybe a 8400 GT for around that cost.

I was also at my local comuter store a couple days back, and I saw a good 7950 GT for 120, if that works

7. PrivatePC

PrivatePC Thread Starter

If i get the graphics card on Mctimson sugested then i would have 2 graphics cards right? Like the one i have. So i would just need the new video card for Hl2. And my hl1 games and starcraft would work on the othere video card? Or no....

8. McTimson

McTimson

Technically, you would still have the one built-in on your motherboard, but it would not be used. All games and applications would use the new graphics card, as that's what you would plug your monitor into. When I said it was only good for HL2, I meant as far as new games go. Old games will run even better on it than they do now.

9. B-Subs-Me

B-Subs-Me

What are your specs? If the rest of your computer is descent I would get something that would last.

10. PrivatePC

PrivatePC Thread Starter

I have a very good computer, the graphics card is my problem.
    2089 MB Ram
    280 GB
    Intel
    windows Vista

11. PrivatePC

PrivatePC Thread Starter

When I play half-life 2 there is low frame rates. Is that going to be a huge lagg when i play Half-Life deathmatch and counterstrike source because of all the explotions and gun shots and sparks? I just got a letter in the mail from the Post office and they tried delievering and no one was home... so my guess is my game is going to be redelivered. I might get it today.

12. dirty.ranja

dirty.ranja

my integrated graphics on my mobo ran HL2 damn close to perfection! no lag or anything. Listen, go to your local Best Buy and pick up an ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro. $100 and it's a decent card that can run HL2, Doom 3, Quake 4, and Prey at Ultra-Quality settings! It can also run Unreal Tournament 3, but at a lower framerate(still completely playable, though!).

13. B-Subs-Me

B-Subs-Me

No, never just run to your local best buys and buy something you know nothing about. What cpu do you have? If you have something like a duo or quad 3ghz, I would get an 8800GT. It's the best card on the market as far as price-performance ratio goes. It's 250 bucks but it will last years. If you get a $100 dollar card, a year or two from now you'll be buying another $100 card, and a year from then you'll be buying something else. With a higher quality card, it will last longer, and make your gaming alot more fun.

14. El CaNa

El CaNa

ummmm, your not going to find a graphics card that can run game like Crysis or high graphics for 50$, neither one for 100$. I've got an 8800GT 512, and on the demo of crysis, it only lets set the graphics ajustments to "high", but not, " very high".
    You should specify what processor you have, Intel has many, at different speeds.

15. 0wn4g3

0wn4g3

Intel What?

The 8500 and 8400 are garbage piece of crap cards.

If you cant afford a good card, get a 7900GT or a 7600GT, I have a 7600GT and its a great card, only about $90 too, it runs Crysis on low, but somewhat laggy. It runs nearly everything else fine though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130062

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/683205

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice