Good Ideas!

eggplant43

A True Heart and Soul - Gone But Never Forgotten
I periodically run across good ideas that make my life better, and I decided it would be a good idea to have a place for us to share things like this with each other, either from what Grandma taught us, or the internet:

If you drink a lot of coffee, you probably have some nice brown rings in your coffee cups, even after washing them. You can clean those stains out with a bit of baking soda and water.
http://lifehacker.com/5838321/clean-stains-out-of-your-coffee-mug-with-baking-soda

dotty999

Dotty
you can also use them to clean your wash basins, baths, faucets, toilet seats, the list is endless

eggplant43

Gabriel

Account Closed
Honey as also a beautiful food. I try to purchase it in pretty jars, and with honeycomb when I can, and place it in the kitchen to catch the light in a way that draws the eye to the honey. Other beautiful foods are garlic braids, pepper wreaths, spice wreaths, spice/herb scented hot food mats, and of course food baskets to name a few.:) Great holiday gifts, too. My favorite to make are the spice mats.

I came across this tip

To clean artificial flowers, pour some salt into a paper bag and add the flowers. Shake vigorously as the salt will absorb all the dust and dirt and leave your artificial flowers looking like new!
I will let you know if it works

If the baking soda does not get all the stain out then get bar keeper friend and make a paste and rub and that will clean even better.

eggplant43

If Hewee's idea doesn't work, then what you're dealing with is one or two things. Soap film, which requires a cleaner/degreaser to remove it, and hard water film, which requires an acid to dissolve it. Once you have it clean spraying it for daily maintenance should mean you'll never have to do it again.:)

That's what I do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online