good mmorpgs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
I play WoW ( World of Warcraft ). Its fun at times and very addicting, ive got to stop before I ruin next semester with its drug like effects.

There are a few out there. World of Warcraft seems to be the current cure for us addicts. There are also Everquest and Everquest2.

World of Warcraft isnt very steep on system requirements, but has a "cartoonish" look to it that turns some people off. I didnt like it at first, but I got over it pretty quick. As far as playability, its pretty easy to get the hang of. EQ and EQ2 (or, rather Sony Online Entertainment) tend to be a level-grinding-treadmill. Takes forever to level up. WoW is reasonable as far as levelling, and progression. EQ and EQ2 are borderline rediculous as far as the time it takes to level.

Everquest has been around for awhile, and can be gotten pretty cheaply. You dont have to buy all the expansions just to check it out and see if you like it. Its graphics are a bit dated, but I still find myself playing it a few times a week, and it is still quite fun.

Everquest2 has some pretty steep system requirements.. Unless youve got a pretty decent rig, Id steer clear of that one.. I upgraded to 2gigs or ram for that one. It was ok for awhile, but they cant seem to figure out the combat system. I stopped playing when they revamped the entire combat system. I had a max level character, I would have had to completely re-learn how to play. No, thanks.

Personally, I can't wait for DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online) 1st Q, '06.. Ive got high hopes for that one :)

-Gonz

WoW here... It does have a cartoonish look to it... but what it may lack in high end graphics it makes up for in almost every other aspect.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online