1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

good 'ol popups, bugging me again.

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by happyfluffy, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happyfluffy

happyfluffy Thread Starter

Hi all.
    I have recently run into the problems of popups again on my computer. It has no connection to any websites, as long as I am surfing the internet, the same popups randomly pop up. It's minor, but annoying.

I have Norton Internet Security installed on my computer, and it won't allow me to install certain programs (such as SpyBot). I do have adaware installed, and run it frquently. I can not seem to get rid of these annoying popups though.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    John

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi John,
    Do you think adding a HijackThis log to your post might help those trying to help you? It might give them a bit more to work on?
    Just a thought, though, 'cos I'm no expert!
    Good luck
    Richard.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!