1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Good online gaming site for kids?

Discussion in 'Games' started by microwally, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. microwally

microwally Thread Starter

Do any of you fellow parents out there know of good gaming sites for kids? I would love to find one where they can play multiplayer against other kids there age and be able to chat too. My seven year old figured out how to go online through gamespy to play Dirt Track Racing 2 and when I went in to check on him the languge flying around in chat was definately not appropriate.

I had to block Gamespy in my router to keep the little bugger from going back in there, but it will only be a matter of days before he figures out how to get to the router settings or get around the block alltogether. It would be awesome if there was actually a kid friendly online gaming site that wasn't as childish as NickJr. (When I suggested that to him he said "I don't think so dad!" [​IMG]

2. rylan90

rylan90

It depends on what your looking for, Are you looking for a website? or a game to buy with good language filter?

3. 8dalejr.fan

8dalejr.fan

I think www.pogo.com would meet all your requirements. It's free, but you have to create an account to play.

4. microwally

What I need is either a game on CD, a downloadable, or a web based game that can be played against other human players that is kid friendly. My boy constantly hands my ashe to me in Command & Conquer Generals, and I'm sick of it. (He's got the rush tactic down to a science) But the players of C&C online are too foul mouthed.

Pogo looks real good and it would appear that they do have some multi-player games there, but without signing up i'm not sure what's available. I will check it out tonight with the boy.

5. 8dalejr.fan

8dalejr.fan

Pretty much all the games there are multiplayer. When you create an account, you have two age groups to choose from: 13-18 or adult. I guess I'd make it under your name.

If your son wins the jackpot as an "adult", he wins that amount of money in cash. If he is signed up as a "teen", then he wins that amount in gift cerificate form for a local retailer.

6. Wowwie

Wowwie

I f you kids like games that keeps high scores so when they go back to play there scores are recorded http://www.michealmilton.com its difintluy worth checking out May the Sunshine in you always have a great sunny day :)

7. microwally

Thank you 8 and wowwie, I will check out both those sites with him tonight!

And 8, lets hope jr. will finally get something going this year since he got Eury back.

And wowwie, thank you that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me this week!

8. Wowwie

Wowwie

another great site is www.games.com you do need a pop up blocker for that one I love to play monopoly on that site and sorry and a few others lol

9. rylan90

rylan90

I suggest runescape. I play it. There is no gore. The language filter is great. its at www.runescape.com its a medieval game. The game is great and adictive. But its almost impossible to get a site with no swearing. Due to people saying it in differant ways so the filter doesn't pick it up. Gunbound is a good game to.. Its a tank shooter game... no gore... and you can get at www.softnyx.net. How old is your son? I suggest you check the games before downloading or buying him the games.

10. AdrianClarke

AdrianClarke

On CD, i think "City Of Heroes" might be a good game, i think u pay monthly though, i have no idea about Langauge filters, but it does seem like a kid-friendly game!

11. Bazookajt

Bazookajt

My sister plays something called Club Penguin.
    It is a toned down version of a MMO, with more appeal to kids.
    www.clubpenguin.com

Your 7-year old did that? He is quite smart, what are you feeding him?:D

12. bosskbafett

bosskbafett

There is a site:Runescape.com.runescape is a game where you go around and do quests and play with thousands of other players.there is nothing offenseve in it.It's great fun.And best of all, it's free,other than an optional upgrade which is about $6.00/month.

13. WeepinWillow

WeepinWillow

www.ionthunder.com is a nice place, they have seperate rooms for adult language speakers and non.

14. microwally

Thank you for all the great sites everyone! That's what I love about this place! (y) :D

LOL, Bazookajt the other day I was having fits with our Tivo connection to the wireless network. Since Tivo only has WEP security abilities I was having a big hissie about it and he non-chalantly said "why don't you just hard wire the Tivo to the router, you don't need security that way..." I just shook my head.:rolleyes: The USB network card has been ordered.

Oh, and we're feeding him the usual, he loves shrimp fried rice and macaroni and cheese! :rolleyes:

15. rylan90

rylan90

www.shockwave.com is also a great website for differant online games. I suggest inklink. It's under Multiplayer games. Its kind of like pictionary. And loads of fun.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437181

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice