1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Good pc, but bad fps?

Discussion in 'Games' started by fuarkk, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fuarkk

fuarkk Thread Starter

So heres the thing, im playing cod4 promod and my usuall fps runs around 180-200, but on my friends pc which is not as powerfull as my it runs 250 rock solid...any help?

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 435 Processor, x64 Family 16 Model 5 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 3
    RAM: 2047 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 238372 MB, Free - 91351 MB; Y: Total - 99 MB, Free - 71 MB;
    Motherboard: MSI, 880GM-E41 (MS-7623)

2. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

What are his specs? if he has an intel chip it has hyper-threading, it handles information differently that an AMD. Does he have a 64 bit OS? Quad core CPU? is his graphics card different?
    See many things can effect performance. heck even the type of antivirus and background programs.

and honestly 180-200 fps is pretty good.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083298

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice