Good ping in browser but horrible ping in Games/Discord

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Luke23er446356345

I have been struggling with internet issues for some time. I recently move my PC and that's when I started getting problems. I would be getting 8-25 ping in a browser test but in games, I would get upwards of 500-9000. I have made sure all of my drivers for everything are updated, changed ethernet cables 3 times, rerouted the cable to make sure it doesn't interfere with anything else. At this point, I have stopped playing games because of ping. Any new ideas would help.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Are you using WiFi or Cat5/6 connection?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Then I would check the cabling to this new location?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Have you tried using a different computer and that cable?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Are telling that you have the only computer with ethernet plug?

Any laptop will have both WiFi and wired?

plodr

Liz
Cat 8's limitations are
Category 8, Cat8 cable or Cat-8 cable is an ethernet cable which is a different type of cable standing apart from the previous cables. It supports a frequency of up to 2GHz(2000 MHz). It is limited up to the 30-meter 2-connector channel. It requires shielded cabling as well.
Try cat 5e or cat6.

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
I agree w/plodr. Cat-8 seems pointless in a home networking environment at this juncture.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online