1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Goodbyb Office 2003, Hello Office 2000

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by patiobob, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patiobob

patiobob Thread Starter

I have been a user of Office 2000 since it's inception and always downloaded and applied all service packs, etc. to keep it up-to-date.
    Recently a friend had me try Office 2003 to see if I liked it better. I did some data backups, uninstalled 2000 and installed 2003. After several weeks of trial and error I have decided to go back to the simplicity of Office 2000. I mainly use Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
    I want to completely uninstall 2003 and remove all traces of it then install 2000.
    Is this possible to go back to a previous version without any problems?
    I know where all of my Word and Excel files are stored and will back them up to be reintroduced to 2000. What about my Outlook files, namely the personal folders containing my address book and existing emails, sent items and deleted items? Is a newer .pst file created using Outlook 2003 recognizable by the older Outlook 2000?Any suggestions?

2. gurutech

gurutech

OL 2003 PST files cannot be read in 2K. If the PST file was created in 2K, then you should be OK.

3. patiobob

patiobob Thread Starter

Some of the newer .pst files were created in the 2003 program since the 2003 program has been installed for about 3 to 4 weeks. I also have some from the 2000 program created just b4 uninstalling the 2000. So, are you saying that any mail I have received or sent during the past 3 weeks or contacts I have added in 3 weeks will not transfer back to my 2000 inbox/sent items when I restore it?

Again, how to cleanly "uninstall" information is needed (apart from Add/Remove Programs)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/545372

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice