goodbye Luther - RIP

jaye944

Being a soul boy of the 80's,

Luthor Vandross (amongst others) was a favorite artist we listened to. Danced to, played in the car.

As a DMC dj, I remember when he played/hosted the DMC awards with Funkmaster Farley and Janet Jackson.

Tracks such as Saturday night (with Chirelle), never too late and many many more were staple dance floor fodder.

By all accounts he was a really nice fella.

rest in peace home boy, you'll be missed

----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.gotriad.com/article/articleview/15870/1/17/

--------------------------
Luther Vandross Dies at 54
ASSOCIATED PRESS
(Friday, July 01, 2005 8:39 pm)

NEW YORK (AP) -- Grammy award winner Luther Vandross, whose deep, lush voice on such hits as "Here and Now" and "Any Love" sold more than 25 million albums while providing the romantic backdrop for millions of couples worldwide, died Friday. He was 54.

Vandross died at John F. Kennedy Medical Center in Edison, N.J., said hospital spokesman Rob Cavanaugh. He did not release the cause of death but said in a statement that Vandross "never really recovered from" a stroke two years ago.

Since the stroke in his Manhattan home on April 16, 2003, the R&B crooner stopped making public appearances - but amazingly managed to continue his recording career. In 2004, he captured four Grammys as a sentimental favorite, including best song for the bittersweet "Dance With My Father."
---------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah...that's so sad...and such a huge loss! I love his music. Everything from 'Power of love (Love power)' to 'Dance with my Father'.
He will be missed...

I love Luther.......his music is amazing........... my favorites are "Dance with My Father" and "Always and Forever".......mmMMMmmm MMMMmmm :) It makes me sad to see him go.

LOL rockn!

I liked Dance with my father, but I ain't big on the R&B genre. I do remember, though, that the one time I'd watched Oprah in three years was the episode where O was playing "Dance With My Father" and telling everyone to get his album for Fathers' Day. Sad to see him go though. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online