1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Goodnight thread

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by valley, Jan 10, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. valley

valley Thread Starter

I know this is a silly thread...but I see your names and know you are all around here somewhere. Something doesnt feel right about just walking away without saying goodnight so I'm starting a thread for anyone to come and say g'night or talk about how tired they are (but cant seem to drag themselves away from their favorite reading spot!)

post your favorite sleepy tales for those of us who cant sleep but want to....

and feel free to yell at me to go to bed when you see me on here past 11pm!

ok...goodnight. :eek: <----a yawn in this thread...

2. ComputerFix

ComputerFix

I'm still here because, for about the 12th time, I am trying to quit smoking. This is, without a doubt, the worst experience of my life. (splitting my head open felt better, no lie)

So I come here, and other places on the web, to keep my brain and hands busy, but talking about it is making it worse....

So goodnight to all those that can actually sleep!

See you in the morning, I'll keep the light on.....

CF

3. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    Aww! Poor 'Fix!:(

I know how you feel! I managed to quit and I also went through withdrawl Hell. But I persevered. I am now 32 months smoke free and feeling great about it!

If it's any help, there are people here :D that sympathize with you and if you ever need to chew my ear off to fight the urge, feel free to do so!

Do whatever you have to to get that monkey off your back. The agony of kicking the habit is well worth it!

4. ComputerFix

ComputerFix

I certainly hope so (being worth it). My new fiance and I are going thru some pretty rough conversations. We try to put on the happy face, but still think that everything we say is some sort of attack. That in itself is frustrating.

I just hope I go back to being an arse instead of the super arse I am now ;)

My stratagy is better this time I think. Before if I "fell off the wagon", I would just give up and go back to smoking. This time, I just hop right back on. I cannot say I have been "smoke free", but have gone from 1.5 packs a day to just a couple of slip ups in only a few days.

Anyway, I didn't want to hijack the thread and turn it into the "quitters forum" (maybe I will start my own rant thread ;) )

Just wanted to support valley's "why are we up so late?" thread.

P.S.-- I have a new found respect to those who attend NA or AA or similar substance programs. We may have done this to ourselves, but, well, wow!

5. hewee

hewee

Hey I think that a Goodnight thread is great because when we get up we have the coffee shop.

So good night and sleep tight. :)

6. pyritechips

First Name:
    Jim
    First of all, threads in random don't get hijacked: they just evolve and take on a life of their own.

Secondly "IF" it was hijacked and it helped you chase away the Nicotine Demon, then it will have been well worth it!

I diddn't need special support to quit- I just chewed that Nicorette gum for one day (horrible tasting s***!) to break the cycle. I learned the most important tool in quitting is a genuine desire to do so. Believe in yourself and you will do it!

:)

7. Jonesiegirl

Jonesiegirl Guest

Val ... I think this thread is a great idea! I see that your lil self bugged outta here by 11~! :D
    I should do the same... my eyes are weary... my butt is screamin' to get outta this chair... and right when I have my overworked mind talked into calling it a night, wouldn't ya know it, I make just one last round through Random ... need I say more? :)
    In any event, I bid you all adieu (even if I do linger for just a few more minutes)... sleep sweet everyone!
    And as usual...
    *Hugs*

8. pyritechips

First Name:
    Jim
    *hugs* back Kath!

and:

goodnight!
    sleep tight!
    and don't let the bedbugs...
    ...nibble your toes!

;) :D

9. Endemix

Endemix Guest

Well I'm off to bed. Gotta get well rested for the weekend!! :)

10. hewee

hewee

Nighty night Kath, Sleep well and sweet dreams. :)

Night Steve.:)

11. valley

valley Thread Starter

:eek: *big sleepy stretch and yawn* goodnight to you guys who are still randomly wandering around here.

Someone was supposed to remind me of my 11pm curfew! Now it's way past midnight. I'm glad I stayed though. :)

have a good night everyone

12. Jonesiegirl

Jonesiegirl Guest

Well the sandman has arrived, against my will, but he has...
    So I leave you all in safe keeping for another night...
    Saying good night to those who still linger...

Mulder
    Chris A
    TooToby
    Eggy
    tantap
    gbrumb (you invisible thing you :) )
    The Rhettman!!
    Miss Valley
    sweets
    and the Wino...

Sleep sweet everyone, and may the angels watch over us constantly...
    *Hugs*

*gonna make one last sweep through this addictive place, then quietly shut the door behind me*

Miss Val ... you resurrected this thread about the same time I did... now push me out the door would ya! :)

13. tantap

tantap

Originally posted by valley20

Valley,

It's 12:36 and you're still here so......

Yell!!! :D ;)

Goodnight, :)

Have a great evening/night, :)
    Nat

14. sweets1981

sweets1981

well i am off to bed its near 2am here :eek:
    goodnight all
    bye
    Melissa

15. hewee

hewee

Good night all you ladies and Nat.

Not as late here on the west coast so I am just starting. :)

Opps the coffee cup needs to be refilled. :D

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112411

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice