1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Goodsync created corrupted files with random character names of 0 byte size

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by imagenesis, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imagenesis

imagenesis Thread Starter

Goodsync created corrupted files with random character names in multiple folders in the job's path of 0 byte size. When rolled over in Windows XP, the operating system reports that the file size is a random number often of GB size or greater. The actual size in properties is 0. The files were created in a Verified Left-to-Right job. The job was initiated at some point by a Logged Out Mode cmd line startup.

The files are often in a folder with a more than 20 files but not an excessive number of files. Less than 200 files often.

I am currently running a chkdsk on this partition and it seems that is deleting these entries. It is not done so I can't say for certain.

Please let me know what would cause this problem. I also noticed that in one folder, some of the files names resemble the folder path associated with this job. Ie, there are corrupted files that are named:

S:/myjobfolder/mytruncatedfilepath/truncat

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!