1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Google Adsense

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by hoopkidups, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hoopkidups

hoopkidups Thread Starter

A few days ago I found out about Google Adsense. It seemed pretty cool, but I wasn't sure how well it actually worked. Does anyone have any previous experience with it?
    Thanks

2. hoopkidups

Does anyone know of any other programs like this?

3. Maggz

Maggz

I do not recomend google adsense.. i like www.bidclix.com for advertising

4. Dabu

Dabu

I highly do not recommend google adsense. First off all their payment sucks. I mean when you make 90 cents off of 29 clicks one day and $5 off of 6 clicks another you know that something is not right. Second of all they cancel your account the moment they even suspect something is wrong. I used them for a while on my website and then boom all of a sudden my account was terminated becuase of "suspected fraud" which they didn't even prove happened.

5. hoopkidups

bidclix looks more reliable than adsense, however it looks as if it pays at a steady rate of only aout .35 cents. I don't know though. How is it working for you?

6. Dabu

Dabu

I actually do not have any experiance with bidclix but .35 a click is very nice compared to adsense whcih is ussaly around .05 per click

7. hoopkidups

ok
    this question is for Maggz or anyone else who has used bidclix:
    If you haven't earned a certain amount of money in a month, do you still get a paycheck?
    For instance, with Adsense, they only pay you if you have earned over $100 in one month. Is this true with Bidclix?
    Thanks for your help!

8. Maggz

Maggz

You get to set when you want your checks to be sent out at certain points. They arent gonna send you a check for $5 normally the minimum is like $25

9. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    I've never heard of bidclix, so I can't comment on them. But, I thought I'd comment on AdSense since no one else likes them. ;) I've had a ton of advertisers show up here who never paid. I've been very happy with Google. Their ads run fast, rarely let offensive links fall through, and pay on time every month. We're averaging $0.17/click right now, but that varies widely in both directions. In all, I've been pretty happy. :)

10. samyot

samyot

I've also never heard of bidclix, but have been using Adsense on my (tech) site for a while now and paid off all hosting fees I've ever paid! (y)

As opposed to other "affiliate" programs this one pays for each clicks, no need to buy from the "clicked" site before you get a commission.

Also the amount per click depends on your page content and what the keyword that triggered the ad was worth. See their AdWord program for details.

You also need a high traffic site to get a good revenue.

All I have to say is if it wasn't for this program, my site may not have been around anymore! :D

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218322

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice