1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Google (and others) Domain Hijacking; Symantec Fix; Microsoft IE Patches

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Rollin' Rog, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog Thread Starter

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog Thread Starter

3. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

where do u get the hijack this from?!

o wait i found it sorry

4. Dunks001

Dunks001

Thanks for this post! I have spent the past few days unable to figure this out. What is the deal with navexcel? That was the page I was being directed to when I entered a search page. I have removed navexcel.

Can you CNTL+ENTER to add www and .com in the IE address bar now? I cannot? I thought that that was a defalut shortcut.

5. Flrman1

Flrman1

Also I will Add that Merijn has developed a beta version of HijackThis which is designed to detect and correct this. It is stable and will soon be released.
    Get it here: http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/beta/hijackthis.zip

It will report the misplaced hosts file, show it's contents, and restore the normal hosts location.

6. brookyjoann

brookyjoann

My brother-in-law's computer was hit by this domain hijacking virus. I was able to remove the hosts folder and the problem seems to be solved.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169476

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice