1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved google apps not working

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by django47, Jun 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. django47

django47 Thread Starter

Turned on my Galaxy tab A6 (2017) and from my google home page tapped on the search box, onscreen keypad came on as normal but as I tapped in the first letter it closed and went back to the home screen and message popped up, "google has stopped working" with option to "close app" or "send feedback".
    This same message pops up but with names of all different apps and nothing works apart from YouTube.
    From Chrome to Microsoft solitaire collection and every other app, none of them work. My Wi-Fi connection is okay. my s8+ is ok, so is laptop, only the tablet, it was fine last night but soon as I switched it on it booted up ok, but none of the apps work.
    I have tried to find a solution online but can't find solution that helps. I don't know what else I can try, I've hit a brick wall. Could really use some help!

2. django47

django47 Thread Starter

I saw a post on some forum or another where it said he had the same problem with apps not working and he disabled chrome and it fixed the problem. I thought to myself, "what the hell, stranger things have been known" so I found chrome in apps via settings and disabled it.
    I was gobsmacked, it worked, such a ludicrously simple operation after a whole day watching long and complicated procedure's on YouTube etc.
    Some apps disappeared from home screen, presumably associated with chrome, but all the ones I use most were still there and besides if I ever did need one of them I can always go to play store.

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Thanks for posting how you solved it.
    It might help someone with the same problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229061

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice