Google can't find me

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

island woman

I set up my site using the free Yahoo site builder. When I put my URL in the google address bar , it goes to my site. When I put my name in the search bar on the google page, which is where most people will put it, it can't find me.
Google only finds parts of my name which, combined, point to other sites not mine. Since my domain name is the exact combination of my name, why does google not find me and instead points to sites that are not exact. I am an artist and people will only find me under my name, as all artist are found on the internet. I won't be found under "art", or "artist"
I thought this would be automatic. I don't want to pay $150 to some on-line site that says it will somehow "put me on the map"
Help!

Umm most people winn NOT put your address in the Google search bar. It takes quite a while for search engines to index web sites and you have to submit your site or have reciprical links to your site on others web sites to make it index faster. You should also consider adding meta tags to your web pages coding. It takes a while...sometimes months for sites to get indexed.

CoasterFreak

Everett
It generally takes about 2-8 weeks for your URL to be crawled, and thats even if it is. I've noticed google will not add all URLs that are submitted. I finally got google looking at my site, and I often find it indexing my Forums (Googlebot). But it does take some time.

thugedout said:
It generally takes about 2-8 weeks for your URL to be crawled, and thats even if it is.
After I updated my site with new keywords and a new meta-description, it was only a matter of days before the Yahoo and MSN search engines crawled and listed my site. Although I submitted my site's URL to Google almost two months ago, it still hasn't indexed my site. I've tried searching for my website with various keywords and phrases, and my site is never among Google's results. With Yahoo and MSN, however, my site is the first result listed. Hurry the hell up, Google.

They are particular about the sites they allow to be indexed so you may never get on there.

CoasterFreak

Everett
Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I just wanted to give an update on Google. Like RockN said, google is very particular about the sites they index, and it's very hard to get to the top. Sure, I'm in google, on the 3rd page. I've updated meta tags, etc. Type in EJ-Online Google, you'll find me somewhere on the third page. But look for me in MSN, yep, right there at the Top :D Google is a great search engine, but very hard to get into.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online