Google Chrome font issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Phlum

I'm having this strange problem with my fonts in Google Chrome.
Basically, no matter what I set the default font as, it always comes out as a black font that I think may be Helvetica.
Here is a demonstration in Evernote: Image 1

I have fiddled with the default font options in Chrome but nothing seems to affect it. It's also worth noting that if I bold the text in Evernote, it changes to a more reasonable font (except it's in bold).
Image 2
I've even gone into the Windows 7 appearance options but none of them are actually set to Helvetica, and I can't see anything that would affect Chrome in this way.

I reinstalled Windows only a few days ago, if that helps at all.

Cheers

Have you uninstalled chrome and reinstalled it? Makes sure you have your chrome sync setup so you don;t lose your paswwords/bookmarks. After you uninstall chrome download and run cc cleaner, clean the files and the registery, then reboot and reinstall chrome

Phlum

Have you uninstalled chrome and reinstalled it? Makes sure you have your chrome sync setup so you don;t lose your paswwords/bookmarks. After you uninstall chrome download and run cc cleaner, clean the files and the registery, then reboot and reinstall chrome
No effect. :(

Phlum

Uninstalling Helvetica looks to have done the trick. For some reason the default font was Helvetica Black - obviously not the ideal typeface for reading stuff on the Web.

I've left the regular Helvetica installed and everything's defaulting to that, now. It's not terrible but I'd still like to know if there is a way to stop this from happening.

(It's nothing to do with the Customize Font setting in Chrome, since the default is set to a different font there.)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online