1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Google Chrome history suddenly gone

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by normalestimate1, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. normalestimate1

normalestimate1 Thread Starter

Hello,

I have a Macbook Pro (13" Retina, 2.3GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Memory: 16GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3) - 2017.

It had died this afternoon so I plugged it in and tried rebooting. Upon seeing Chrome upon, I went to close it, but upon doing so, saw yesterday’s single search was missing (I avoid using chrome except when I have to). I opened my history and noticed everything was gone. I also don’t recall setting up Gray mode, which was on. But my Macbook promptly died because the charger was faulty. I assumed the issue was because my Macbook was simply not fully booted, so after getting a new charger, I restarted it, but no luck.

I have no idea what occurred. I tried signing out and back into my google account but no luck. I also downloaded a ProSoft Data Rescue demo, which is currently running.

Other articles/threads were not Mac specific or involved accidental deletion or syncing issues. My recycling bin is also empty.

Edit: I also saw some Chrome extensions like History Trends Unlimited or U History recommended, but I’m not sure if they are retroactive. I don’t know how to find SQL data on my Mac or archived history.

Is there anything I can do?

Thank you for your time.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Not too sure what you mean by grey mode, unless you mean Incognito Mode? Incognito mode will not remember your history or cache the website data that it receives.

3. normalestimate1

normalestimate1 Thread Starter

Sorry, it’s not Incognito, just the color palette changed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228506

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice