1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Google Chrome Is Super Slow.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Avectius, Nov 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Avectius

Avectius Thread Starter

I don't think it was this slow when I installed Windows 10 back in August, but along the way something definitely happened that made it be this slow. Allow me to elaborate.

If I use Microsoft Edge, for example, pages load faster, videos on YouTube load faster and they don't freeze, when viewing images the process is faster, pages don't freeze when I try to scroll through them, etc... This only happens during the first minute or two of entering a page, though. So it's essentially the loading process of the page that is far slower than what it used to be.

Could this have anything to do with my internet speed? Microsoft Edge performs just fine, so that would suggest otherwise, but I'm not completely sure.

When I'm running heavy stuff such as games, both Chrome AND Edge become even slower, so Edge has issues too? Though I suppose that's to be expected, right? I mean, the system won't perform as flawlessly if we're running intensive apps, right? Not that mine's total crap, but it's not top of the line, either.

Still, the issue here is that Chrome runs like crap even when I'm not running anything in the background. With games and all, it's kind of expected, but without them running, Chrome shouldn't behave like this if Edge runs so smoothly.

What do you guys think it is? What should I do?

Thank you.

2. mpeet611

mpeet611

Before anybody can help you please download the TSG System Information Utility from the link below & post the information it displays into your next post or add it to your first post. http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

3. Avectius

Avectius Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A4-3400 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 18 Model 1 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 6130 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 463884 MB, Free - 66715 MB; D: Total - 12952 MB, Free - 1565 MB; H: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 289139 MB;
    Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, 2ACF
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Note: I actually do have an Antivirus, which is Avast. No idea why this diagnosis tool thingy didn't pick that up. I also have Comodo Firewall.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I see at least 3 reasons in your SysInfo.exe log as to why you're having overall slow performance with that computer - which appears to be a HP/Compaq brand.

1. Google Chrome is known to be a memory hog.

2. That computer has a low performing AMD A4-3400 APU 2.70 GHz processor.

3. That computer appears to have a single 1 TB hard drive with 2 - 500 GB partitions or 2 - 500 GB hard drives.
    The primary C: drive which Windows 10 runs from is about 86% full.

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm guessing that computer is loaded with programs and personal data and has a lot of running processes.

It may also be infested with malware, spyware, etc..

--------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  5. Avectius

Avectius Thread Starter

My C drive has always been this full, and Chrome used to run pretty darn smooth up until several months ago. Something definitely changed. I just can't pinpoint what exactly.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1161412

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice