1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Google Chrome Priority Updates

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by stuart Jones, May 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stuart Jones

stuart Jones Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1037U @ 1.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3989 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1802 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 223 GB (154 GB Free);
    Motherboard: , NM70-M
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Enabled and Updated

I was in Google Chrome Browser when it appeared to crash came up with a message Urgent or Priority Google Chrome Update Required so I followed the update instructions , but now am wondering was this sn error and is it some sort of malware file I executed.
    The file name is C:\Users\Stuart\Downloads\wic80a3177zfx779mx14kwa6ih004563dk05.zip , the update started from a C;\ prompt and gave the convincing message Updated Successfully!! Any thoughts please??

2. stuart Jones

stuart Jones Thread Starter

I eventually got in touch with Google who said it was Malware similar to that which had been affecting Hospitals Computers in England etc., recently , he cleared files and repaired PC , I am now changing all passwords etc., tnakyou Martin at Google Support for all his help and advice.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1190648