1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Google Chrome vs. FireFox

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by thewonder, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thewonder

thewonder Thread Starter

I have enjoyed Firefox for some time now but tried out Google Chrome on a whim. I really liked it once I started figuring out how to arrange my bookmarks across the top of any page.
    I found that it was almost what I was looking for, not quite, but almost.

Then I found SpeedDial in FireFox Add-ons and WOW! After half an hour of setting all my bookmarks up I started getting that deflated feeling again. It was close, just not close enough.

THE SOLUTION, Fast Dial for FireFox. It pops up as my home page, is fully customizable,has the option to create folders so I was able to create a link to a second and a third page of bookmarks, I was able to find logos/icons for more than half of my sites bookmarked and plain, yet attractive file icons for the rest. They let you change layout, page background color or image, size, bookmark background color or image or icon and you can assign icons from one thing to something unrelated without any problems. NOW WHEN I GET ONLINE ALL OF MY FAVORITES ARE AT MY FINGERTIPS IN A SLEEK FORMAT AND WITHOUT ALL THE CLUTTER OF A "MSN" HOMEPAGE OR THE BLINDING WHITE OF A "GOOGLE" HOME PAGE.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WILL DO IF THIS IS EVER DUMPED AS AN ADD-ON. CHECK IT OUT AND SEE FOR YOURSELF.

Humbly submitted by the easily pleased!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751966

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice