Google Earth Pro suddenly not responding

Timlp1

me: Windows 10, google earth pro (latest version reloaded twice now). The program was working fine about 2 months ago and now it simply fades to a blurry white page, a blue rotating circle appears to never disappear, and a message (not responding) has appeared. Tried the tools command drop down box to no avail, and have removed and reloaded the app twice with same result. Thought I would check my memory on my less than 1 year old Lenovo laptop, to have it send me a message there is a memory problem. So now I am faced with 2 dilemmas. Any ideas or suggestions?

Timlp1

You may be correct. If so, another Google fiasco in the making. But I do have something downloaded in the way of a program or app however. I have a program called Revo Uninstaller and it shows up in the list of programs able to be removed. In addition what part of the program does initiate, it also loads secondary overlays I use in conjunction with the primary program. But to use any feature, as soon as I click on a button, the faded white overlay screen appears with the not responding notice occurring.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I have Google Earth Pro 7.3.3.7786 (most current version) installed in Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit and Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 64-bit.

I'm using a 400 Mbps ethernet connection, and it loads and works fine in both operating systems.

(y)

--------------------------------------------------

Timlp1

I'm on 10 and downloaded twice the latest version. I've got a 32 bit system. Maybe I'll try downloading the 64 bit

Timlp1

Think I got it working. I it took a while, but I cleared a lot of secondary and tertiary data and the program began to respond appropriately. Thanks for the responses.

plodr

Liz
I've got a 32 bit system. Maybe I'll try downloading the 64 bit
Don't do that. 64 bit programs will not run on a 32 bit system.

If you had a 64 bit system, you could run both 32 bit and 64 bit programs.

Timlp1

didn't load the 64 since suddenly the program began functioning. if this is a cloud based server app i may have hit a heavy user time. who knows??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online