1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Google Earth wont stop zooming out

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by erniejt, Aug 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. erniejt

erniejt Thread Starter

Sometime within the last couple f weeks my Google Earth has started acting strange. Whenever I open it, it goes to the global view screen as always, but doesn't go to my starting point. Also, it automatically zooms out to the farthest setting. It will zoom in if you double click the mouse, but unless you hold the mouse button, it immediately returns to full zoom out. Something else new, is a white arrow with a small line under it on the start up screen. Clicking it does nothing.
    I don't remember changing anything or doing anything that would have caused this. Is it possible that it automatically upgraded itself and its having problems with Win7?
    Does anybody have any idea what to try here?
    Thanks

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    It might of gotten corrupted in some way. try uninstalling and reinstalling a fresh new copy of it.

3. erniejt

erniejt Thread Starter

Tried that three times, downloading a new copy each time.

4. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

5. erniejt

erniejt Thread Starter

OOOH! I didn't know about that!
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 4 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 4094 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 152524 MB, Free - 93288 MB; D: Total - 99 MB, Free - 70 MB; G: Total - 953866 MB, Free - 449232 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M4A78T-E
    Antivirus: Norton 360, Updated and Enabled

6. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    Just for the heck of it, try disabling Norton 360 and give Google Earth a try.

7. erniejt

erniejt Thread Starter

Thanks Captainron, it helped a little. What happens now is, I can zoom in by double clicking, but the slider onscreen doesn't work. Also, the search function doesn't work.
    Will I have to disable Norton every time I want to use GE?

8. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    It's been a very long time since I have used any of the Symantic/Norton programs as they were always interfering with something or other. You could try uninstalling Norton and run a Free Anti-Virus program like Avast or MSE, they are not as intrusive as Norton.

9. TulsaRose

TulsaRose

First Name:
    Rosie
    Ernie, have you watched the Google Earth video "Navigating in Google Earth" for possible solution? There may be a simple setting that needs to be changed.

Rosie

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1105389

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice