1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Google Earth

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by alwrmc, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alwrmc

alwrmc Thread Starter

First Name:
    B.L.
    I've used Google Earth for a few years. About 2 months or so ago it developed an odd problem for me.
    It loads up right away, but when I change from satellite view to map view it starts to load the screen and then never quite finishes. I have removed and reinstalled and still have the same problem. In the upper right corner when I try to open the Map view is a button saying "Open in Firefox". If I click on that, the map view opens but it frequently loses part of the screen.
    The Google Earth version I have seems to be the latest version (6.1.0.5001).
    Anyone have any ideas on this?? Thanks.

2. alwrmc

alwrmc Thread Starter

First Name:
    B.L.
    OK, I have again removed and reinstalled the latest-greatest-up-to-datest version and it still performs the same way. The satellite view loads up immediately and is quick and responsive. However when I select the "map" feature it becomes basically unusable. I just selected "map" and it went again to the "loading" screen and the green progress bar appeared. I left it and it did eventually load the "map" screen. It took over 7 minutes to do that. When I entered a start/end point asking for a directions response. It again went back to the loading screen and green progress bar for another 4 plus minutes.

I'm not normally a suspicious person, but is this Googles way of attempting to get Chrome installed on my computer?

3. zbd21

zbd21

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029495

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice