Google Earth

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jonathan64

Having trouble downloading Google Earth on my ASUS notebook laptop which is Windows 7. I'm trying to download Google Earth for Windows 7 and no matter what version I install, It overrides my download and changes it Google Earth Pro for windows 10. Then when it finishes installing, I get an error message saying, "Sorry but this version of Google Earth Pro isn't supported for this version of windows" Why does it keep changing and not letting me have Google Earth for windows 7?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Google Earth Pro 7.3.2.5481 is the most current version.
I use it myself, and it works fine in Windows 7 and Windows 10.

Go here to download and save the setup file.
http://www.google.com/intl/en/earth/download/gep/agree.html
After that's done, close all open browser windows.
After that's done, double-click the saved setup file to start the install process.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Jonathan64

I'm sure its great but how do I get my computer to stop changing the download? It still keeps changing the download to a different and useless version.

plodr

Liz
It still keeps changing the download to a different and useless version.
What "different version" does it change to?
What browser are you using?
Please post the link to the site you are downloading it from.

Jonathan64

I cant get it to tell me what version it changes to. It just says "Google Earth unknown version"

I have tried downloading Google earth from 4 browsers and still get the same unknown version

IE
Chrome
Firefox
Opera

I even tried Flavallee's download
http://www.google.com/intl/en/earth/download/gep/agree.html

Its still overriding the link for this unknown version for windows 10 I cant seem to get rid of.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online