1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Google Fit

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by ldarlene, Sep 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ldarlene

ldarlene Thread Starter

I am using an app called Carrot Rewards to get points on a rewards card. they give a goal each week. If you meet the goal you get points, if you meet it consistently the points get higher so it is important to meet my goal every day.
    Carrot connects to Google Fit to find out how many steps I have taken. I have been having problems with that program. Some days it does not count steps. Today was the worse, it went really crazy. According to my husbands phone (with the same programs) we walked over 4000 steps but my phone said 62. Went for another walk, this time I used the 'track activity' option and it counted 3600 (approx, can't remember the exact amount. Turned the program off. Once home again I turned it back on...it jumped a couple thousand steps and now said over 6000. Every time I went in and out of program it kept adding more steps, over 9000, then over 10000, then over 11000. The last time I checked it was over 13000. During this time I tried deleting individual activities, each time the step count increased. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times. I tried deleting step history, phone said that had failed. Went on line and deleted history. Phone still said over 13000. Meanwhile, Carrot, which is connected, kept saying somewhere around 4200.
    Finally the last time I opened Google Fit the 13000 + figure flashed a few times and suddenly it said 4200.
    I tried adding an activity so I could meet my 5000 step goal, I know I have done well over 5000, but definitely no where near the 13000 google fit had said. Adding the activity did not change steps. Finally went for another walk to get the last 800 steps.
    Any idea why Google Fit acted so strange. Is it normal for Google Fit to not update my steps for a few hours after i have gone for a walk? Thanks for any help you can offer.
    Darlene

update. The last walk I did google said it was somewhere around 889. Both Carrot and Google Fit said somewhere around 5025. I just looked now and google is saying I did 9007 steps. Decided to delete the last walk, which originally was 889 steps but now google was saying it was 1007 steps. I deleted it. Now instead of saying 8000 it says 5027.
    if google thought I did 9007 steps and I deleted 1007 steps why is it now saying 5027 instead of saying 8000

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216724

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice