1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Google Labels

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by josh17, Nov 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. josh17

josh17 Thread Starter

How do I Permanently remove the SYSTEM LABEL ( ie ; Spam ) from my G-Mail Account . The " Spam " is not in the LABEL section which shows there is a Delete function there, but because the " Spam " is in the SYSTEM LABEL section, there is no Delete function in that category.

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    1. Click on Gear
    2. Select Settings
    3. Select Labels
    4. Scroll down to Spam and you can hide it.
    gmail_config.jpg

3. josh17

josh17 Thread Starter

Sorry , Doesn't work - Spams are still there - tried before . The Spam is in the SYSTEM LABEL Section - NOT the Simpler " LABEL " Section. Basically , That's all I want to do is NOT TO SEE OR SHOW any SPAM Rubbish. My Google Mail System Label does not show a category to Delete !!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Something else is wrong then because I tested it yesterday and it worked for me to hide the Spam folder.
    Correct.
    And you clicked on Hide and nothing happened?

The change is instantaneous. As soon as I clicked Hide, it disappeared from the left column.

5. josh17

josh17 Thread Starter

Yes, it disappears , but re-appears in another section of the left hand menu category . But, I want to permanently remove / delete the spam category altogether from any part of the left hand side menu.
    When it disappears, have a look down the category menu !!! you'll find it in another place within that left hand menu.

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I normally don't use the standard version of google. I set basic html as my default because I don't want to wait for the long loading time the new version of google takes.

I also want my spam folder to show. For every setting change, I have to switch from my default view, wait while google loads, make the setting change, then sign out and select basic html and set it again as the default.

With Thanksgiving tomorrow and me cooking, I don't have time to troubleshoot this further.

7. lunarlander

lunarlander

You don't want the Spam folder to disappear altogether. Sometimes legitimate mail gets classified as spam by mistake, and you will need to check that folder once in a while.

8. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I had time and went through the process of loading gmail, switching to the slow version, changing settings, closing and then looking again. Spam appears in More. (But since my More is closed, I don't see the spam folder). Just close the down arrow aside of more and you won't see the spam folder.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219332

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice