Google Lens

LJFried

Any Google Lens experts out there who can help this old Luddite. I took a photo of text, chose "select all" then choose "copy to computer." I selected my laptop and I opened up Google Chrome browser first. Got a message: "Text copied." EXACTLY WHERE on my laptop do I find it??

Then I chose "copy text" and it said: "Copied to clipboard." EXACTLY WHAT/WHERE is a Clipboard?

Thank you in advance.

Ye Olde Luddite

LJFried

thank you very much but I don't know what you mean by "memory" and don't know what Ctrl + V means.

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
Clipboard is a memory location.
Ctrl + C is Copy
Ctrl + Z is Undo
Ctrl + V is Paste
etc.
That's default Windows and if it's not Windows that you're using then you should mention which OS you're using.

LJFried

I'm using Windows 10 - I do recognize those Ctrl actions but don't understand what they mean about my using Google Lens. Google Lens said that I successfully copied the text to my laptop - Where on the laptop is it? It also said that I copied the text to Clipboard. Where is Clipboard, how do I find it? Thank you again

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
Please… google for it and you’ll get the full information
Copy images and text from one PC to another with a cloud-based clipboard. Not only can you can paste from your clipboard history, but you can also pin the items you find yourself using all the time.

1. To get to your clipboard history at any time, press Windows logo key + V. You can also paste and pin frequently used items by choosing an individual item from your clipboard menu.
  2. To share your clipboard items across your Windows 10 devices, select Start > Settings > System > Clipboard. Choose Automatically sync text that I copy under Sync across devices. The sync feature is tied to your Microsoft account, or your work account, so remember to use the same login information on all your devices.
Get help with clipboard history
Open Clipboard settings

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
I didn’t do much, hope you can work it out, there are some clipboard utilities that save more than one item and that you can select them later

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online