1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Google Maps not working on brand new Android phone

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by aarustam, Jan 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aarustam

aarustam Thread Starter

Hello! I hope I am posting this to the right place... I was having this issue with my last Android phone (LG G5). My Google Maps navigation would not work, and other apps that used Google Maps would just say "GPS signal lost". The app gives me accurate directions and info for public transit, but for some reason only the navigation aspect of the app seems to not be working properly. I just bought a brand new phone, LG G7 Thinq, and I am having the exact same problem. I am led to believe that this is something to do with the settings in my Google account but after tinkering with them for 2 full days I am at a loss. I've downloaded another navigation app in the mean time which seems to be working fine, but the issue comes up again when I try to use other apps that use Google Maps. Please help!

Thanks!

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  3. SillyBilly1

SillyBilly1

Check your Google maps settings in account activity. Maybe it's disabled.

4. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    If you go to an area where there is no signal, your google maps won't work.
    Make sure you have your location set to "on".

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221477

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice