Google Maps not working on brand new Android phone

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aarustam

Hello! I hope I am posting this to the right place... I was having this issue with my last Android phone (LG G5). My Google Maps navigation would not work, and other apps that used Google Maps would just say "GPS signal lost". The app gives me accurate directions and info for public transit, but for some reason only the navigation aspect of the app seems to not be working properly. I just bought a brand new phone, LG G7 Thinq, and I am having the exact same problem. I am led to believe that this is something to do with the settings in my Google account but after tinkering with them for 2 full days I am at a loss. I've downloaded another navigation app in the mean time which seems to be working fine, but the issue comes up again when I try to use other apps that use Google Maps. Please help!

Thanks!

texasbullet

Ramon
If you go to an area where there is no signal, your google maps won't work.
Make sure you have your location set to "on".

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online