Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Google not loading

13K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ferreby 
#1 ·
Hey,
we've got a laptop with xp media center edition running internet explorer 7 and has just recently started this problem with google. We can get to anywhere else but google. The other computer in the house has no problems getting to and using google. I've searched around but I'm finding this to be a sort of unique problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

#5 ·
I have the same prob. I'm using firefox w/xp pro. google homepage freezes and says I'm not connected, same w/Yahoo and Yahoomail, but I can minimize those and open my bookmarked pages and they load fine for the most part. Some are reeeeaaaal slow but they connect. I am not computer savvy and thank god there's guys like ya'll giving up your free time to try and help 'tards like me. Sincerely grateful for your guidance fellas. I'm in Arkansas, could this be a new virus?

#6 ·
It's comforting to know I'm not only one with this issue. I recently installed a Netgear WNR834B wireless router. Main computer cabled to router works fine. Second desktop (running xp) using Netgear WN121T wireless adapter seems to go anywhere except google and sites that include a google search bar. It just keeps saying it is waiting for Google. I tried Pinging Google and this works fine. Have looked at all settings, tried different things and nothing changes this behavior so far.

A call to Netgear suggested InternetExplor 7 was problem- uninstalled that and am now running ie6 and same problem. Problem did not exist on this computer when originally hooked to a cable router.

Anyone come up with solution to this yet??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.