Solved Google Play Not Setting Up On Chomebook

Danik07

I recently powerwashed my Chromebook after some failed root attempts and when I tried to enter Google Play it just wouldn't turn on. Can someone please help with this.

plodr

Liz
Please post the Brand and exact model chromebook.

Turn the chromebook over. My Acer has 3 things with 2 barcodes. Don't post the S/N nor the SNID. The model is above those two items on my Acer.

Now if the damage is caused by something you did attempting to root the device, I can't help with that.

plodr

Liz
Previous EOL was November 2022 but you have a reprieve and the new EOL is June 2023.

First, try powerwash again on the off chance something didn't go correctly the first time.

I downloaded the manual but don't see anything useful.

Make sure googleplay is on.
googleplay_not_working.jpg

Last read through this and see if anything here works.
https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7513003?hl=en

Danik07

I figured out what happened. Turns out I partially rooted the android system image and the only way to fix it was by going through recovery mode.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Danik07, I tagged this thread as solved for you. If the issue is not resolved, please use the Report link in your first post to request the removal of the tag.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts