Google Play Services---Grrrrr

firsher

Short of resetting to factory condition, is therr any way to get rid of the very annoying 'Google Play Services keeps stopping' message which pops up now every couple of seconds on my Samsung Galaxy Tab E? I've tried everything people trying to help have offered, including uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing caches, forcing stops, etc. To no avail. Please help. I've started pulling hairs from my moustache, nose and ears because there are none left up above. Ive also researched now blocked similar posts on here.

plodr

Liz
Settings, Notifications.
Look over every app that has google in its title and disable notifications.

I have almost all notifications turned off. I don't want to be bothered with popups and sounds on my phone.

firsher

Settings, Notifications.
Look over every app that has google in its title and disable notifications.

I have almost all notifications turned off. I don't want to be bothered with popups and sounds on my phone.
Thanks, but that didn't quite result in the 'how to' I was looking for.

plodr

Liz
Since you can't disable nor uninstall google play services because it is part of the android operating system, what exactly were you expecting in a how to?

Last edited:

firsher

Since you can't disable nor uninstall google plat=y services because it is part of the android operating system, what exactly were you expecting in a how to?
Hi again. I guess what I wasn't looking for was the unavailability to use the Play Store following my successful disabling of the Google Play Services,, which I'm happy to report did eliminate those annoying popups. Now when
I try to download something from Play Store, it asks me to sign in. But nothing happens when I click on 'Sign In'.

Sorry about any confusing statements I communicated.

firsher

Hi again. I guess what I wasn't looking for was the unavailability to use the Play Store following my successful disabling of the Google Play Services,, which I'm happy to report did eliminate those annoying popups. Now when
I try to download something from Play Store, it asks me to sign in. But nothing happens when I click on 'Sign In'.

Sorry about any confusing statements I communicated.
Also, might this new development not allow me to use Play Store in the future as kind of a tradeoff for getting rid of the popup?

plodr

Liz
Yes. That's why I wanted you to disable notifications rather than disabling the app.

firsher

Yes. That's why I wanted you to disable notifications rather than disabling the app.
Well darn it. I could have sworn I first disabled all notifications of apps which had Google in front of them, but noticed the Play Services popup kept showing up every few seconds anyway. That's when I guess I disabled the app itself out of frustration. Any chance I can redeem myself? And multiple thank you's for hanging in there so far.

plodr

Liz
I'm not sure if this will work because I haven't ever disabled play services.
Open settings, then apps. Scroll until you see Google Play services and also Google play Store. Tap on one of them. You should get a button to enable. Tap on that. Do the same for the 2nd thing.

Then revisit Settings/Notifications and see what is toggled on and off. I have almost every app toggled to off. including Google Play Store. Google Play Services is not in my notification list but I have google Play Books toggled off. For me, I have Google Play Movies & TV disabled and Google Play Music disabled so those do not appear in my notification list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online