Google Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MMJ

In Google searches certain websites such as techguy and microsoft, have approx. 4 or 5 link under them. Is this Google's choice or is there a way to do this? I looked at the source but that didn't help much. Thanks. :)

MMJ

It is not 100% clear about where the link will show but I think this is it.

Thanks a ton for your help. :)

I think (by completely guessing on the first point, though possibly influenced by things I've read and since partially forgotten; with the latter point concluded by general observation) that there are two key factors involved:

• Set up a Google Sitemap
  • Be number 1 in the search results
Hope that helps (y)

I think that Google just groups pages with the same domain under the main domain as a list. :)

Eriksrocks said:
I think that Google just groups pages with the same domain under the main domain as a list. :)
i think if you haven't submitted a sitemap, google will only show two pages max, with the second indented, and then provide a link to get more pages from that site. i could be wrong though. do you have any evidence to support the theory you mentioned, eriksrocks?

MMJ

Eriksrocks said:
So how come it only does that for certain pages? :)

Well, it's a valid suggestion. It could be that it only happens when several pages of the same site rank above any page from other sites.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts