1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Google Redirect & Now Blue Screen 0x0000007B Won't Boot

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by morandaminds, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morandaminds

morandaminds Thread Starter

I have been working on a friend's system which starting with a google redirect and began hiding some of his files. There were no signs of a Rogue AV or anything like that. I thought, "this will be a breeze".

I first ran rkill to kill any processes currently running. rkill seemed to hang for 30 minutes or more and did not finish. I then decided to run a full scan with Malware Bytes which yielded a couple of entries, but nothing relative to a virus. I rebooted and the redirection continued.

I then proceeded to run a gamut of other programs to try and remove the redirection including combofix. Hitman Pro 3.5 came up with an MBR virus which it needed to remove on reboot. Upon reboot I was presented with a lovely blue screen with the following code 0x0000007B and no file specified. I also updated and ran Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 on USB which came up with nothing. I am at a loss to say the least. Typically the combination of these programs will yield a clean system. Unfortunately not today. At the moment I am unable to boot into windows 7 under normal or safe mode. I ran Kaspersky a second time and still came up with nothing.

As you can tell I am in a bit of a pinch. This forum has always been an incredible resource for me and I would greatly appreciate any and all help you can provide.

Thanks in advance,
    Dustin

sorry I am unable to attach logs.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1005066

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice