1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Google Redirected to Bogus Microsoft Security Center

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by AJKeith, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AJKeith

AJKeith Thread Starter

When I type www.google.com or www.yahoo.com in my browser the URL is diverted to a bogus security center, "Microsoft Security Center" stating, “Alert : Your computer have been attacked by spyware or viruses! Please download AntiSpyware to fix.” This site is obviously bogus as the English is not grammatically correct. And I have NOT clicked the hyperlink found on that site.
    I am able to overcome this problem with Yahoo as the Yahoo Toolbar on my browser works just fine. Unfortunately, I never installed the Google Toolbar on my browsers. When I try to use the Google Search in the top right of my browser I am taken to an error page that looks to be in a Chinese language.
    This problem occurs in Mozilla Firefox/3.0.4, Internet Explorer 7.0.6001, and msn Explorer
    9.6. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32-bit.
    Does anybody know what I can do to eliminate this problem? You folks are awesome!

2. AJKeith

AJKeith Thread Starter

3. AJKeith

AJKeith Thread Starter

This problem was corrected by Microsoft's critical update to IE 7.0 on 12/17/2008. At this time all problems listed above have been corrected in a totally satisfactory manner.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/776804