1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Google search auto complete

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by alicez, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alicez

alicez Thread Starter

Sorry for any confusion but I recently received new laptop with Win 10 and trying to set it up is driving me loopy..
    I notice when Google on FF keeps completing search.
    I have the FF "Options/Search" UN-checked where it says "Show search suggestions in location bar results."
    Is there someplace else in Google where I need to check or un-check so Google (in FF) does not complete the search name?

I also notice (in FF) when I am typing in my user name for AOL mail, it too auto completes. I don't think that is Google, I think it might be FF (which I recently refreshed).
    But when using Outlook (while in FF) it does not complete my user name.
    Really confusing.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. alicez

alicez Thread Starter

Thanks, but problem (auto search complete) in not with the Search Bar.

Still suggests user name (does auto complete) in AOL mail when I begin to sign in (and a few other log ins) . Only in Google in FF but not in Google for Chrome.

It has "History Firefox will: Never remember history."

FF Options/Security has "Logins - Remember logins for sites" and it is UN-checked

(Sorry, mentioned this was in my Win 10, but it is happening on my Win 7 where I refreshed the FF.)

4. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

Did you clear all history? Remove all saved logins?

5. alicez

alicez Thread Starter

Believe recently added Ublock was causing this problem.
    Thanks for your help.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1175442

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice