Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Google Sheets - clear cells but keep checkboxes

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  jtn3833 
#1 ·
Hello all-

I'm new to Google Sheets, and need to use it for this spreadsheet I'm working on. In column 'A' I would like checkmark boxes (tick boxes). But the content of rest of the rows I need to clear occasionally. Is there a way so I can select an entire row and 'clear row', but have the checkmark box remain (ideally the checkmark box would remain and the checkmark would be cleared)?

Clearing the row is the easiest way I know to remove the contents of that row, but I don't want to loose the checkmark box in column 'A' of each row when I clear the contents.

Your thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks,
jtn

#3 ·
Usually I clear each column in the row. Using a tablet I hold down the row number and select 'clear row'. By separations in the row, I assume you mean empty cells? There are no empty cells in the row.

Each row is a list of different information, when that information is no longer needed I want to clear it from the spreadsheet, ideally not removing the checkmark box from the first cell in the row.

Thanks for your help,
jtn

#4 ·
I can't say for sure the easiest way as I don't use Sheets, but you can select the cell next to the check (column b) and then hold CTRL+SHIFT and press the Right arrow key. This will highlight all the filled cells, then you can just hit delete. Same thing if you hold CTRL+SHIFT and press Down, it will highlight all the cells up to where there is a blank cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.