1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Google Sites are being blocked,

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by dobe24, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dobe24

dobe24 Thread Starter

Here is My Info

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8096 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -2016 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 939414 MB, Free - 750436 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 00871V
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

This is my sons computer. I we can no longer access any google sites including youtube but other sites are accessible. He was using google chrome but uninstalled that and starting using IE but had the same result of no google sites. I have avg antivirus-no problem found. I also tried to use a restore point, but it wouldn't work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. dobe24

dobe24 Thread Starter

Solution was to remove all antivirus programs and ran windows defender, which i assume reset the host file. all sites are available now.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142355

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice