Google thinks im Mexican even in incognito. Why??

DBR70

Im trying to look for some store sites on my safari on my ipad. Like Wal Mart.. it keeps taking me to Mexican Wal Mart. And im doing this incognito too. I even type AMERICAN Wal Mart but it still only pulls up Mexican. Im trying to look for these sites to help my mom when we get back to the US. But for SOME reason any store site i pull up is gonna be Mexican. Do i actualy have to physically MOVE first?

DBR70

Even in incognito? I have no problems getting on US Amazon.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Even in incognito?
Incognito mode does not hide your IP address; it prevents storing browsing data on your browser so that it can’t be retrieved later. You would need to add a VPN service to hide your public IP address.

Couriant

James
As stated, some sites will use your IP address as an approximate location and will change the site to fit that location. Amazon has the ability to have multiple websites based on location too but you can change it if needed (i.e. amazon.co.uk, amazon.ie)

Using a VPN can show you in a different location so that should help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online