1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Google Toolbar...???

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by pfunk_40, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pfunk_40

pfunk_40 Thread Starter

hey everyone,
    does anyone know how to keep the google toolbar from constantly updating itself? i don't like the new one and i prefer the old one. every time i uninstall the new one after it updates itself, i reinstall the older version that i prefer. i've downloaded it from google directly and from old version.com and can't seem to get it from updating to the newer one. any ideas???

2. sekirt

sekirt

3. Augie65

Augie65

I had the Google Toolbar in IE for some time. I haven't open IE in a long time (I use Firefox), but I was going to check for a solution to the problem you have. When I opened IE the automatic update to the Google Toolbar began. I just Ctrl-Alt-Del and shut down IE. Then went to Add\Remove and uninstalled Google. I won't have anything automatically download to my computers unless I want it to.

4. pfunk_40

pfunk_40 Thread Starter

i am sorry that i don't have the link right now, but i will post back here soon with it...
    i have spent three days(whole days/all day) reading post after post , and thread after thread in other forums to try to find an anwer for this, but can't find one that works anywhere. many people thought that they had figured out a way to beat the auto-updating feature (like fidelista) only to have it upgrade again. uninstalling and then reinstalling only seems to be a temporary fix. i have read and tried nearly EVERYTHING under the sun and nothing has worked long term. i think at the end of the day, it may be time to think about another toolbar.

5. pfunk_40

pfunk_40 Thread Starter

6. golferbob

golferbob

i went to the startup menu and unchecked it and i set the firewall to not let it call home.

7. pfunk_40

pfunk_40 Thread Starter

you too will soon get updated.

8. golferbob

golferbob

i deleted it and downloaded IE7 ,don't have all those problems,yet.

9. pfunk_40

pfunk_40 Thread Starter

good luck...i wish you well! i hate this new toolbar and now i think i may hate google.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/510377

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice