1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Google Toolbar

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Smokin Joe, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Thread Starter

How do you get rid of it??? I have tried clickings "Settings-Help-Uninstall" in the toolbar but it doesn't work.

2. Arm_Wild

Arm_Wild

Try using Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs

3. Smokin Joe

The first thing I tried was control panel - add/remove programs. No mention of anything Google there!:mad: :mad: :mad:

4. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

5. rka0

rka0 Banned

Hi Smokin Joe. I have tried for ages to get rid of the google toolbar without success but to relieve my annoyance of having to keep on seeing my failure, I went to view and un-ticked it. My main concern is the reported data scavenging that is being attributed to this toolbar.

6. golferbob

golferbob

i have not used google tool bar since IE-7 came out but i think i used search- files & folders fo" google toolbar" to get the files out of the system.

7. TheSlayerM

TheSlayerM

Try to go to C:/Program files and try deleting it there(Google folder). If it says that the program is running press Ctrl+Alt+Del for Windows Taskbar Manager>Processes and if it's running click End process and then try deleting it in C:/Program files.
    Also, if you have a firewall installed try removing the google toolbar from the Allow list so that your firewall can block it!

8. rka0

rka0 Banned

Hi All. Went to start/search typed google and then typed toolbar found nothing. Right clicked taskbar and straight into task manager nothing in processes and as our friend smokin Joe nothing in add/remove. I have just been to local disk c: and found google but the folder was empty, so logically speaking I have already deleted it from my machine do you think?.

9. TheSlayerM

TheSlayerM

If there's nothing in your Google file I'm pretty sure you already deleted it but try to see if the google toolbar is on your allow list on your firewall or some program that you have running!
    Just in case! :)

10. rka0

rka0 Banned

Hi Fellas. Thats what I would have thought but when I went to view on the firefox browser and ticked the goggle toolbar up it came, do you think there is a way that I can delete it from there. I've checked the firewall settings and google is not on the list.

11. golferbob

golferbob

12. rka0

rka0 Banned

13. Smokin Joe

Happy camper! I kept playing around with clicking the Google logo on the left and finally dumped it. Sorry I can't be more specific but it was try try and try again. All I know for sure is "Something worked".:) :) :)

14. rka0

rka0 Banned

Hi Smokin Joe. I'm well pleased for all of us who had this problem so having resolved it we can draw a line under it and mark it solved.

15. Smokin Joe

All of my smiley faces in my original post are now :( :( . I still have only Blogger,Gmail and SMS as my only options when I right click a web page and try to "Send to: my email program. Still stuck with some part of Google Toolbar program, I guess. Have tried everything I know for the last month. No luck!! Anyone have more suggestions?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644210

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice