1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Google Toolbar

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by techchallenged52, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. techchallenged52

techchallenged52 Thread Starter

HELP, DOES OR HAS ANYONE HAD PROBLEMS WITH OPENING WEB PAGES, OR DOING ANYTHING ELSE THAT MATTER, AFTER DOWNLOADING GOOGLE TOOLBAR?

I had google toolbr for a long time and it gave me no problems, then I reinstalled my operating system just to weed out a few bugs. After I did that it took out my google toolbar. So, I reinstalled it. After doing so, alsmot everytime I would try to go online, IE would not fully open the page. I researched the answer to this and it said to to go tools>internet options>advanced>and take out the check mark where it says, "enable third party extensions. So, I did this and restarted my computer and it worked. but I'm still trying to install google toolbar but everytime I do I have to go uncheck that box. I know this is a small novel, but if there is anyone out there who can help, I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks in advance

2. tacoman359

tacoman359

I would suggest not using any toolbars at all. You can set your default search engine in IE7 to Google. I would also suggest using Firefox. It is safer and much more flexible and if you do really want to use the Google toolbar then it will probably work.

3. techchallenged52

techchallenged52 Thread Starter

I do appreciate the imput, but I'd still like to know how I can use google toolbar w/o it making my web pages hanging up. If you have a solution to this, please post a reply. I'll be waiting. Thanks

4. tacoman359

tacoman359

5. Hughv

Hughv

That's interesting. I'm a Google Toolbar fan, but I use FF almost exclusively. I've noticed this same slowness when I use IE, so I disabled Page Rank as suggested, and it opens much faster. Good find.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704185

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice