Google Video Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Speakersrock

I have always liked spending time on websites such as You Tube and Google Video. But recently My Computer has stoped playing the videos. Also, Interestingly another computer of mine, will also not play all videos just some.
This is starting to get really annoying, and I just wondered if anyone was able to inform me on how to resolve this.

Thanks.:confused:

H Dere,

My problem only started recently. i was used to downloading
Google Videos, then changing the extension from GVP to DIVX, and
then converting them further if I liked them.

Everything still downloads fine - but I can no longer find the
MAIN video file. Only the 1K shortcut appears. However,
it starts the video which runs fine - but I CAN'T FIND THE 200+
MB VIDEO FILE ITSELF !!!

I've searched everywhere. They are in the machine somewhere !!

.....help TIA:confused:

Speakersrock

Hi, Sorry I did'nt realise that people had posted to this sine my last post.

In response to ferrija1
Yes there are a several which don't still play.

In response to dogbonz
I don't really know what to say to this...but i wanted to say something in response so....Have you tried Just going to Start and Search. Then searching the entire hard drive for the file by size, name or whatever? (Note: when you do this of cousre be sure to click advanced search options > and choosing to search hidden and system files and folders)

Speakersrock

Sorry, Hi again, ferrija1. I just remebed if you right click the shortcut file and choose properties, then in the properties window look for the field target. There it should show the root to where the file is found.

Searched ? -YES

Looked in hidden files ? - YES

Checked out Cache in Firefox ? - Cache is only 30 Megs.

Found 1k little "shortcuts" ? -Yes, but right-click reveals nothing.

Ideas ??

-

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online