Google Voice--issues hearing rings and voicemails

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Odin13

I've been using Google Voice for years without a problem. I accept my GV calls at my landline using Fusion℠ Voice Services provided by Sonic Telecom via my ISP, DSL Extreme. I'm told Fusion/Sonic uses ATT lines. I don't use GV for any other phones.

Suddenly on July 21 of this year I noticed that my voicemails won't play. My computer receives sound correctly for all other applications. When I click the black triangle, the GV graphic changes to play mode, but does not proceed, and I can't move the little white circle that appears.

Shortly afterward I noticed that my incoming GV calls don't ring my phone.

More recently, I've discovered that I can hear voicemails if I bring them up on the archive at https://www.google.com/voice/b/0#phones. The same voicemail that is silent as per the second paragraph above will play if I use the archive.

My primary concern is that, as the phone won't ring, I can't receive calls made to my GV number. I can make outgoing calls with or without GV, without a problem. When I make an outgoing call using GV, GV, as you know, will ring my phone, and I will hear that ring. I can receive calls (and hear the ring) on the same phone, as long as the caller uses my original phone number and not my GV number.

Clearing my cache and cookies has made no difference. Google and its GV forum have been no help.

I use an up-to-date 64-bit Win7 computer, with the current standard release of Firefox.

Last edited:
Prior to this issue, do you recall making any changes to your computer? Either software (drivers, updates, etc) or hardware?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online