Google's "About Me" More Info

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jolu

I recently sent a Gmail to someone and clicked on my profile picture in the sent Gmail. There was an "About Me" section as well as "Recent Interactions" contained in here. To my shock and horror, actual copies of emails I've sent to other people were shown here. This means that anyone I send emails to can read previous emails I've sent to other people, some with very private and confidential information. How could emails or Gmails I've sent years ago get pasted on new emails that I send out. I'm now hesitant and reluctant to use Gmail to send emails. Actually, I won't use Gmail ever again.

AmyToo

Amy
All of your Gmail email messages are not sent to everyone.

Don't start a panic.

Couriant

James
What you are seeing are the emails you have sent, just like if you would see all the emails from the other person if you clicked on their name. This is only for you to see, no one else.

plodr

Liz
clicked on my profile picture
Think about it. You have to be logged in before you see your profile picture. The only profile picture people could click on would be their own.

My husband and I both have gmail accounts. If I log in, I can't see his profile picture to click on.

Jolu

All of your Gmail email messages are not sent to everyone.

Don't start a panic.
I wasn't starting a panic. This is a forum for asking tech questions and am assuming we're all adults and capable of determining when something is a serious matter. I think the one that could have caused a panic is you by the way you reacted to my post.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online