1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Google's Chrome Browser Is Now No. 2

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Koot, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Koot

Koot Thread Starter

Google's Chrome Browser Is Now No. 2

Google came late to the Web-browser fight, but it's already taking on the frontrunner. Its free Chrome software has overtaken Mozilla's Firefox as the second-most-used browser in the world, behind Microsoft's Internet Explorer, which comes with its Windows operating system.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Seems a lot of people have issues with Chrome so it is probably #2 to them as well. Psst....it's a browser.

3. Koot

Koot Thread Starter

I've been using Chrome for a long time and have had no issues. What issues do you think a lot of people have with Chrome? Maybe I have a problem and don't even know it...

Psst...I know it's a browser. FYI...it's not a drug, gun, vehicle, dog or widget...

4. UnitedMi

UnitedMi

I cant use a lot of extensions, such as Norton 360 toolbar, safe search and ID safe.

5. Soundy

Soundy

That's a FEATURE - Norton software is junk and your system is better off without it.

6. Koot

Koot Thread Starter

I'm still waiting to hear what it is that a lot of people are having issues about using Chrome! I think it's fantastic...and the number of people that are moving to Chrome are proving it's better. So say the experts too... Still waiting....

7. Soundy

Soundy

The ONLY thing I don't like about Chrome is that there a couple plugins I used on Firefox - EXIF Viewer and BBCode - that don't have suitable equivalents for Chrome (nothing that measures up to the features and function, anyway). Nothing I can't live without, though - I find Chrome faster and cleaner, runs way better on my netbook, and the full password/bookmark/plugins sync with Chrome on my desktop is fantastic.

8. Rockn

Rockn

Just do a search on the forum for Chrome. I will never let people use it in a business environment because there is no administrative control over it's settings. And the perceived "fastness" is because of some clever caching routines. I do use Firefox at home, but it is really nothing special either.

9. Koot

Koot Thread Starter

I could care less about what's better for use in a 'business environment' that needs 'administrative control'. The 'perceived fastness' you speak of has been found to be real fastness compared to the other browsers. I suspect how Google accomplishes that speed is something the others only wish they had.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029369

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice