Google's Chrome Browser Is Now No. 2

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Koot

Google's Chrome Browser Is Now No. 2

Google came late to the Web-browser fight, but it's already taking on the frontrunner. Its free Chrome software has overtaken Mozilla's Firefox as the second-most-used browser in the world, behind Microsoft's Internet Explorer, which comes with its Windows operating system.

Seems a lot of people have issues with Chrome so it is probably #2 to them as well. Psst....it's a browser.

Koot

Seems a lot of people have issues with Chrome so it is probably #2 to them as well. Psst....it's a browser.
I've been using Chrome for a long time and have had no issues. What issues do you think a lot of people have with Chrome? Maybe I have a problem and don't even know it...

Psst...I know it's a browser. FYI...it's not a drug, gun, vehicle, dog or widget...

I cant use a lot of extensions, such as Norton 360 toolbar, safe search and ID safe.

Koot

I'm still waiting to hear what it is that a lot of people are having issues about using Chrome! I think it's fantastic...and the number of people that are moving to Chrome are proving it's better. So say the experts too... Still waiting....

The ONLY thing I don't like about Chrome is that there a couple plugins I used on Firefox - EXIF Viewer and BBCode - that don't have suitable equivalents for Chrome (nothing that measures up to the features and function, anyway). Nothing I can't live without, though - I find Chrome faster and cleaner, runs way better on my netbook, and the full password/bookmark/plugins sync with Chrome on my desktop is fantastic.

Just do a search on the forum for Chrome. I will never let people use it in a business environment because there is no administrative control over it's settings. And the perceived "fastness" is because of some clever caching routines. I do use Firefox at home, but it is really nothing special either.

Koot

Just do a search on the forum for Chrome. I will never let people use it in a business environment because there is no administrative control over it's settings. And the perceived "fastness" is because of some clever caching routines. I do use Firefox at home, but it is really nothing special either.
I could care less about what's better for use in a 'business environment' that needs 'administrative control'. The 'perceived fastness' you speak of has been found to be real fastness compared to the other browsers. I suspect how Google accomplishes that speed is something the others only wish they had.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online